We are here to serve you when you need us most.
Dental crowns are a tooth-shaped, cap-like structure that is seated atop a damaged tooth. They are customized as per your natural teeth and made of porcelain or zirconium. Since they are customized, they resemble the color and texture of your teeth and are difficult to distinguish. Dental crowns can also be made of gold alloys when used to replace your teeth at the back or can contain a metal base with porcelain to make it more durable. Dental crowns are useful if you have a decayed tooth, weakened tooth or any other tooth problems.
A dental crown can assist you in the following ways:
1. By protecting a weak tooth and acting as a shield.
2. Encompassing a broken or worn tooth and protecting it.
3. Adding support to a large tooth with a filling inside that has insufficient tooth structure.
4. Keep a dental bridge together.
5. Cover an implant or a tooth that is out of shape or dis-colored.
Your dentist will first remove any decay or prepare your weakened tooth. Once this is done an impression is taken of your natural tooth and sent to a lab to make the customized crown. While this happens, your dentist may place a temporary crown on your teeth. Once the customized crown arrives it is placed atop your impacted tooth and cemented into place. Please consult your dentist to see if you are a good candidate for a dental crown.